The main function is to create Vehicle Record Sheets, as seen below.
The program also shows you in detail all the What and Why required, and allows you to test your vehicles firepower and defenses against others.
A full handbook is included.
Just in case you want to see if you'd be interested at all, you can download the PDF handbook to sniff through first.
Please keep in mind that this is still a beta version, and may contain more bugs than expected. Thus any feedback at all (bugs, ideas, missing stuff - anything, really) would be much appreciated!
If you can't see my email above (had to disguise it for the cursed spammers), either enable Java, check the page source, or look at the About Box above.
Current CarDesigner Status (v0.6.2ß) (22nd November 2009):
|Changes since last version:||
(Thanks a lot to Pan'Ai-Khan, for all your help!
* Component Armor now implemented, although it doesn't look terribly good
* Option: should CA be enabled? Caution: turning CA off will not directly affect the current vehicle, but it won't load CA info of other vehicles.
* Now used a thousand-separator in the weight and cost of the description (meaning, from '$ 12560' -> '$ 12.560') for better readability
* TurretType data file removed - so far, it's hardcoded
* Active scrolling in the Weapon and Accessories list
* Import system works somewhat better now
* Minor changes to the import function - for example, all '.' are converted to ','
* Minor changes in the screen layout - can now be maximized without looking useless ;)
* New tire graphics
* New hub & wheelguard graphics
* Ammo types expanded
* More body types prepared: racer & oversized
* More gas engine types prepared: oversized
* Metal tires ready, but not yet added
* Many new weapons
* Prepared cycle data
* Bigfix: Weapons in side-EWPs don't take up space anymore
* Bugfix: Camper had wrong armor cost and weight
* Bugfix: Rocket Platforms took up space
* Bigfix: Racing tires had wrong DP
* Bugfix: Pulser Lasers were shown incorrectly in the description
* Bugfix: FP and LR armor had wrong cost and weight
* Bugfix: Fireproof Metal armor is not possible. Can be marked as Fireproof, but won't change cost/weight/description
* Bugfix: Rear tires cannot be steelbelted plasticore anymore
* Bugfix: In printing the layout, many horizontal lines were one pixel too long
* Bugfix: Import didn't always handle front/rear tires types
* Currently, none known. However, they seem to like my code; they breed in it...
* No linked weapons graphics (so far, you'll have to add these yourself via pencil)
* Always a driver (no remote-controlled vehicles)
* Only one gunner
* No passengers
* No mixed ammo - each weapon only has one type of ammo
* Only one turret per vehicle
* No cupolas (not really needed, plus - not really enough space on the layout)
* EWP can either be on the side, or on top - not both
* EWP has same armor as rest of vehicle
* No mounting of weapons on top or underbody (yet)
* Currently, all wheel guards and -hubs have plastic armor